Your health is important to us. At Digestive Care Physicians, LLC we make paying for services as convenient as possible. Patients can choose between several payment options including personal medical insurance, medical financing, or a self-pay option. As an industry standard, we have financial guidelines that all patients must follow. If you have any questions, please contact us at 770-227-2222, ext. 819 or 470-839-6600.
You may receive up to 4 bills for your procedure:
- Physicians Services (Digestive Care Physicians / Digestive Care Consultants)
- Anesthesia (Lotus Anesthesia or JC Anesthesia)
- Pathology (Chestatee)
- Facility Fee (Digestive Care Endoscopy)
- Patients are responsible for all incurred charges. We will file insurance as a courtesy; however it is the patient’s responsibility to provide us with accurate and complete insurance information at the time of their visit. Learn more+
- All patients are expected to provide their insurance card at check-in for every visit.
- Patients are responsible for making sure they know what benefits are included under their insurance plan, as well as making sure they are following all the regulations as put forth in the plan benefits provided to them by their insurance company. Any out of network fees assessed by the insurance company will become the patient’s responsibility.
- Patients are expected to make Digestive Care Physicians aware of any changes in insurance, home address, phone number and other pertinent changes.
- Payment is required at time of service for all co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance. Patients may be required to make payment arrangements on any outstanding balance with our billing department prior to seeing our Physicians.
- Patients who do not have insurance are expected to pay for their visit at the time of service unless our billing department has made other payment arrangements. Learn more+
- There is a return check fee of $35.00 for any check that is returned to our bank. The returned check fee will be required to be paid before the next visit. In addition, Digestive Care Physicians will no longer be able to accept checks for future visits.
- Patients will receive one billing statement showing their balance due. After 30 days unpaid, each additional statement up to 3, will incur a $5.00 statement fee.
- If no payment activity has been made on a patient’s account within 90 days, the account will be placed with an outside collection agency. The patient will be responsible for any collection fees, costs, interest and/or attorneys fees applied to unpaid balance.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to provide Digestive Care Physicians with a valid referral from a Primary Care Physician (PCP), if required by insurance prior to your visit. If a referral is not obtained by the patient or provided by the PCP prior to a visit, the appointment will be rescheduled for another day. Any balances that are incurred as a result will be the patient’s responsibility.
- There is a $250.00 procedure no-show fee for patients that do not call to cancel and/or reschedule within 48 hours of the scheduled procedure. There is also a $25 no-show fee for scheduled office visits. All patients who do not show up for their scheduled appointments will be responsible for these fees before their next visit. If a patient misses three of their appointments and does not cancel or reschedule, Digestive Care Physicians may discharge them from the practice.
- There is a $25 fee for forms to be completed by Digestive Care Physicians for FMLA, Disability, etc. Forms will take up to 2 weeks to complete.
- As a courtesy to other patients, any patient that is late for their appointment may be required to wait until other scheduled patients have been seen or reschedule.
- If you feel you are due a refund on your account, please contact our billing department at 770-227-2222. If a refund is due, they will make arrangements for it to be sent to you.
- Failure to meet your financial responsibilities may also result in discharge from the practice or full payment may be required before continued treatment.
- Medical Insurance: Although we are contracted with many insurance companies, it is the patient’s responsibility to make sure that our facility and physicians are part of the insurance network. It is also a patient’s responsibility to know their insurance benefits. At the time of service, patients will be responsible for all fees that are not covered by the insurance plan, including co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and non-covered services or items received. We recommend that patients contact their insurance carrier in advance because some insurance plans require “pre-authorization” prior to services. Learn more+
- Financing: If you’re considering a health care procedure, you may have concerns over how to pay for it. Now, Enhance Patient Financing gives you new options to finance your health care needs. Enhance lets you structure a payment plan that meets your budget, and allows you to proceed with your treatment recommendations. Learn more+
- Self-Pay Option: Payment is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover), and money orders. Learn more+
Board-Certified physicians Dr. Ranvir Singh, Dr. Stephen Rashbaum, Dr. Nitin J. Parikh, Dr. Long B. Nguyen, Dr. Ruth Montalvo, Dr. Jae Kim, and providers Tammi D’Elena, PA-C and Vanessa T. Bridgeman, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC; care for patients in the North Atlanta, GA; area including Johns Creek, GA, Cumming, GA, Lawrenceville, GA, Alpharetta, GA, and Dawsonville, GA. The in-house endoscopy suite at Digestive Care Physicians is a certified facility which has achieved the highest level of accreditation by the Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). If you suffer from gastrointestinal problems, abdominal pain, or need a colorectal cancer screening, contact us at (770) 227-2222 to schedule an appointment.